Regular preventive garage door maintenance is essential for keeping your garage door in optimal condition and avoiding costly repairs. In this post, we’ll share valuable maintenance tips for Orange County homeowners and explain why you can trust Best Garage Door Repair and Service for expert garage door care.
Essential Preventive Garage Door Maintenance Tips
- Visual Inspection: At least once a month, inspect your garage door for signs of wear, damage, or misalignment. Check the springs, cables, rollers, and other components for any issues.
- Lubricate Moving Parts: Keep your garage door’s moving parts well-lubricated to ensure smooth operation and prevent wear. Use a silicone-based lubricant on the rollers, hinges, and tracks every six months or as needed.
- Tighten Hardware: Regularly tighten bolts and screws to maintain the stability and functionality of your garage door.
- Test the Balance: Ensure your garage door is balanced to reduce strain on the opener. Disconnect the opener and manually lift the door halfway. If it stays in place, the door is balanced. If not, contact a professional garage door service in Orange County for assistance.
- Check the Weather Stripping: Examine the weather stripping along the bottom of your garage door for signs of wear or damage. Replace it if necessary to maintain energy efficiency and protect your garage from the elements.
- Test Safety Features: Test the auto-reverse and photoelectric sensors to ensure they’re functioning correctly and keeping your family safe.
- Clean and Align Tracks: Regularly clean the tracks and ensure they’re properly aligned for smooth garage door operation.
Trust Best Garage Door Repair and Service for Expert Maintenance
While some preventive garage door maintenance tasks can be performed by homeowners, it’s essential to have a professional garage door service in Newport Beach, like Best Garage Door Repair and Service, perform regular inspections and maintenance. Our experienced technicians can identify potential issues and provide expert repairs, ensuring the longevity and safety of your garage door.